It’s a treat yo self while trying to accomplish as much as possible from a coffee shop kinda Friday.
What are you doing to make yourself happy today? Besides enjoying some of my Friday favorites below, of course …
- Strong is the new pretty: This mom takes fierce and empowering photos of her daughters, and they’re amazing.
- Put an egg on it: Hands down the best life advice ever.
- Spring citrus kale salad recipe: Helloooo, lunch!
- Yoga poses to relieve stress: Enjoy some relaxing me-time with these gentle, restorative poses.
- The Bay Area’s best staircases: Incorporate these bad boys into your next outdoor run!
- Shelter dogs in a photo booth: Get ready to squeeee your way through this article.
- 27 inspirational Ron Swanson-isms: Because, Friday.
It’s Friday (!!!), and I’m looking forward to spending tons of time outdoors this weekend. I’ll definitely be lacing up my shoes for a lakeside run on Saturday, and copious amounts of asparagus and eggs will surely make their way onto my brunch plate.
Other than that, I have some 90’s party decorations to make, a bridal shower to start planning, and, of course, Easter Sunday to celebrate!
If you need a few cubicle distractions to entertain you before quittin’ time today, check out some of my favorite articles and videos from this week!
- Want to learn how to do a handstand, but totally afraid of ’em? Watch this video!
- Live in the East Bay and love running? Check out this list of great local running trails.
- A TED Talk on body language and the positive effect “power posing” has on our confidence
- Female runners who also run the corporate world
- Navigate the market like a pro with this seasonality chart for vegetables.
- This power breakfast featuring poached eggs, sweet potatoes, and tomato avocado salsa and is the perfect Easter brunch recipe.
- A baby otter learning how to otter
Wishing you a happy Friday!
I hope you’re able to make time for the outdoors this weekend. If you’re fortunate enough to live near the mountains, I highly suggest a hike as the perfect way to wind down after a long week, free your mind, and boost your creativity, all while getting a nice workout in.
I love the mountain metaphor, and I truly do feel transformed after reaching a tall peak. Little feels better than taking in fresh mountain air and looking down and across at what you’ve just climbed and traversed with success, especially if you’ve ended the week feeling a little burnt out.
Plus, with minimal cell reception and nothing else to do but hike, you’re forced to reflect on the challenges and blessings in your life and engage deeply with the people you’re hiking with.